Please join Elizabeth Gardner, a lifetime Sandoval Extension Master Gardener and ISA Certified Arborist with support from Seed2Need project leads and fellow Master Gardeners Pat Mehlhop and Peg Feibig for the 2022 S2N Fruit Tree Pruning Workshop. ** Please try to arrive at 10AM so as not to miss any instructions. **
What to Know and/or Bring?
- Wear sturdy, supportive shoes and dress in layers
- Bring a hat and water
- Bring your own pruners, loppers, and gloves
- Spray bottles containing 90% IPA to clean tools in between trees will be provided
- 5 orchard ladders will be provided
- There are a variety of fruit trees to prune: apple, apricot, cherry, peach, pear, and plum
- Not suitable for young children
Do I Need Experience? No, just a willingness to listen to the expert (Elizabeth) explain pruning techniques, learn, and have fun participating in the pruning.
- Monday Feb. 21, 10AM-12. Meet at Jacobs Orchard.
- Wednesday Feb. 23, 10AM-12. Same as above.
- Saturday Feb. 26, 10AM-12. Same as above.
Note: Future sessions will NOT include expert instruction but will be an opportunity to practice your new skills!