CLASS 2 of the Homescape Solutions Design Workshop
This is an 8-session, hands-on workshop to learn how to create your personal dream “HOMEscape.” Master Gardeners will inspire you to complete your landscape project as you learn the tools of site planning.
This unique workshop – an enhancement to the Master Gardener program and also open to the public – promises to inspire, empower, and encourage participants to successfully plan and execute their dream landscape. Your team of Master Gardeners and participants will visit your garden to provide suggestions and ideas for YOUR dream landscape! Also available is a one-on-one consultation from the expert instructors and lifetime Master Gardeners.
Course work is presented by Veteran Master Gardeners and focuses on artistic design and includes aspects of permaculture (an innovative framework for creating sustainable ways of living), xeriscaping (a style of landscaping and gardening that reduces or eliminates the need for supplemental water from irrigation), Southwest native plants that thrive in our harsh environment, plus hardscape essentials, raised bed gardening, and much more.
Sessions will be held in the Grace Lee Conference Room. Class is limited to 20 participants. There is a $30 fee for workshop materials, payable at the first class. For information or to register, please contact email@example.com.
The eight week course began on Friday, September 8, 2023:
- Class 2 – Sept 9 from 9:30 am-12:30 pm – Get Perspective: Training the Eye, Native Plants and Intro to Water Harvesting
- Class 3 – Sept 15 from 6:30-9:30 pm – Moving from a Yard to a Garden – the Next Step in Planning Your Garden Space
- Class 4 – Sept 16 from 9:30 am-3:00 pm – Go Local (Site Visits): Visit Each Other’s Gardens, then meet to discuss
- Class 5 – Sept 22 from 6:30-9:30 pm – Name it and Claim it: More Native Plants and All About Composting
- Class 6 – Sept 23 from 9:30 am-12:30 pm – Expert Access: A Valuable One-on-One with Master Gardeners
- Class 7 – Sept 29 from 6:30-9:30 pm – Other Great Garden Ideas: Gardening for Pollinators, Raised Beds, Straw Bale Gardening. Open to the Public.
- Class 8 – Sept 30 from 9:30 am-12:30 pm – Completion: Come Together to Present Your Dreamscape Vision and Share in Potluck Lunch