Chipper Day in Placitas
The Coronado Soil and Water Conservation District is sponsoring this event to reduce fire danger and to give people a way of disposing of excess brush in their yards.
Don’t Wait! Here are your “To-dos” in preparation for Chipper Day:
- Clear brush around your house and property to create a safe perimeter and reduce fire danger.
- Bring dry branches less than 6” diameter.
- Align branch ends in the same direction.
- No construction waste or barbed wire.
- Take wood chips home for mulch, or leave wood chips for others to take home.