The “[Insert Your Project’s Name]” Project – What does your project do? How is it helpful? Any special accomplishments? Remember the purpose of this is to spark interest in potential volunteers.
Keep in mind: your primary audience is interns trying to pick a project — think about what interested you in the project and how it spoke to you as a master gardener.
Anything else not covered by the description that might spark interest for potential volunteers
Your Project Location – full address
This will help potential volunteers understand where they would be driving to and the time commitment/logistics.
How Volunteers Spend their Time
- Special Events?
- Routine activities?
Dates, times, months, weeks, if known.
Each PROJECT will have its own web page.
Recap: Please include specific information so we can present your project(s) in a user friendly, standardized format to help potential volunteers decide.
- Name of garden / project
- Goal / purpose of garden / project
- Expectations and duties: What kinds of jobs would a SEMG volunteer expect to do?
- What are some of the rewards and skills that volunteers ‘get’ from or at this project / garden?
- Video/photos: A video would include a (short!) story of what you’ve learned and/or why you love volunteering at the garden/project. How does this garden/project accomplishes the mission of SEMGs.
- The filename of the video should be the project name; i.e., yourprojectname.mp4; The filename is the name that will display when the video is playing.